Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Recap of Weeks 18-28

In hindsight, I wish I hadn’t stopped blogging when I was 18 weeks along. Weeks 18-28 practically flew by uneventfully. I finally started to gain weight, we went to Destin, FL for another short vacation with family. It took us for-ever, but M and I finally agreed on 2 boy names that we could both tolerate. Neither one of us got our first pick, but now that they have been decided for a while, I just can’t think of the twins as anything other than the names we picked. They just fit!

About 3 weeks of pregnancy were spent on painting and decorating the nursery. The Winnie the Pooh design I had carefully crafted early on was scrapped and we went with an animal safari theme. I did all the painting which was painfully tedious and took what felt like years to complete, but I am so glad I did it… M installed the crown molding in the nursery and it looks beautiful – his first attempt at it too! Our mothers threw a fantastic shower and our friends have made my heart melt with thoughtful, generous, and truly touching gifts. We unveiled the nursery to everyone along with the first letter of each boy’s name (their names are painted above the cribs) – L and C.  Nobody was allowed to guess! ;-)



  



As my belly grew, I found myself on the receiving end of Jessica’s and Preeti’s maternity wardrobes – both of which fit and saved us a lot of money. My neighbor and good friend Shaney has showered me with lots of stuff her boys grew out of and again, I felt humbled taking or borrowing something from people without offering much in return. This pregnancy taught me to have a bigger heart and taught me that life changing events really do forge stronger bonds between people. When M and I got married, true friends were clear to us. Now being pregnant, it’s even more obvious that the circle of people we’re surrounded by is truly special and nothing to be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment