Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Almost 10 Months!



Wow, what a month it has been as far as development goes! C and L learned to stand and are learning to cruise – it’s happening way faster than I ever thought it would. Crawling alone is now “boring” to them. They are both so observant and inquisitive. Just this morning, they were both holding on to the edge of the activity table while standing and Carter noticed that Logan had ears and proceeded to try and fit his index finger in L’s ear and then pulled on it. Logan squealed and I had to interfere. So funny! A world is full of wonder for them – what an amazing age it is!

Before bed, they both stand in their cribs across from each other in the room, and babble while
“making music” on the edge of the crib. Both are learning what “no” means because the curtain and the baby monitor cables by their cribs present a temptation as far as something they can pull on. Carter has been at it for a week now, where he stands by that edge of the crib and goes for the curtain while I firmly say from the back of the room “Kisa, NO”. He looks back at me while holding the curtain, pauses, and giggles mischievously.  Logan just figured how to yank on the baby monitor cable this morning and proceeded to test his boundaries too. They just can’t get enough of my nerves! Must push all limits.
On Monday, when the maids came, Logan got all upset at the new faces as he usually does and at the vacuum cleaner, which also happens to be a sound he probably associates with strangers. He cried so hard and so sad, like we had sold all his toys to the enemy. :)

Although Logan won the tooth race and got his 2 bottom teeth first, Carter was not too far behind and now has his 2 bottom teeth too. Both of them are starting to get hair elsewhere on their heads besides just the Mohawk, which looks so cool. I joke “they were born cool”. 

Crawling… Carter is faster and more efficient but he has been crawling for a longer amount of time than Logan. L crawls well, but he stomps with his hands that seem to point inward, almost at each other. He looks like a dinosaur when he crawls…. When they play together, someone always has to push the other one or to pull on hair or try to gauge an eye out. Boys are gonna be boys, I am learning.

Sleep is still the most desired commodity in the house. M and I take turns getting up to soothe Carter. Logan rarely requires anything at all, but Carter is a very wakeful sleeper. A paci, a blanket, a few seconds of attention because he is in between sleep cycles… you name it. I wish he slept as deep as L…. I type this as I sit on a plane to Chicago – my first business trip since they were born. M and I agreed that I would get up for every cry last night since I will get 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep in Chicago while M will hold down the fort at home solo. Well, I counted and I was up a whopping 14 times last night! So, I sure hope M will get at least some sleep while mommy is on the road. I will miss those boys and miss carrying for them even in those middle-of-the-night-awake-like-a-zombie moments. 

I am ending my pumping career. It’s been nearly 10 months and still about a month worth of goods in the freezer. Looking forward to relief and the normality of MY life returning to a small extent. I have done my part, providing most valuable nutrition for them and preventing a slew of diseases by lending my immune system to them via antibodies.

Now, my hope is for the boys to get better at eating solids. I really hope that they will learn to love feeding themselves soon, so we can try to transition them to finger foods and eventually table foods…  
Lastly, just another “snippet” of a memory from the week’s daily grind. M and I carried the boys to the window sill where Zoey (the cat) sat nonchalantly and enjoyed the fresh outdoor air after the rain. We allowed C and L to pet her, to feel how fuzzy she is and they squealed with joy. You could see the hesitation in her eyes – while enjoying the much lacking attention and love, she was startled by the unusually high pitched sounds that humans can make. Funny stuff! Priceless…. Love my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment